Romance helps to keep the spark in a relationship!
I’m sure you’ll agree, but maybe you feel like you lack an understanding of romance and how to make it happen.
Have you tried your hand at romance, but still haven’t quite mastered it?
Romance is a topic that many people in a relationship feel uncertain about.
So you’re definitely not alone with your questions.
It’s actually pretty easy to develop and refine your romantic streak, once you know how.
Romance takes nothing more than a little creativity and a genuine interest in treating your love in a special way!
[bctt tweet=”Romance takes nothing more than a genuine interest in treating your love in a special way” username=”@ArletteWood”]
Try these tips to spark your romance:
- Consider what makes you feel loved. Take a moment to think about what made you get those butterflies in the past. What special act caused the romance to bubble over?
- Is there a special term of endearment your partner uses when speaking about you, or calls you? Why not consider trying a similar approach?
- Perhaps those “I’m in love with you” hugs that feel different from the others could be reciprocated more often.
- Has your partner ever dedicated a song to the day you met and fell in love? That would surely make anyone melt! Or pick a special song that reminds you of a shared moment and dance with them to it
- Understand your partner’s likes. Being romantic can be as simple as doing things your partner likes. Create a bucket list of those things to make it easier to think of romantic gestures.
- Does your partner love to dine at a specific restaurant? Why not set a dinner date and have the restaurant bring out a love token on cue?
- Everybody loves massages! Offer a massage when your partner least expects it.
- Is there a favourite dessert your special person loves? Instead of buying it at the bakery, try making it yourself. There are probably plenty of recipes for that dish on the internet, so get Googling and get cooking, good looking!
- Be yourself. It’s possible you haven’t exactly mastered romance because you aren’t being yourself. It’s pretty difficult to “play a role” that you’re obviously uncomfortable playing.
- You’ve probably read that dressing in alluring lingerie is a surefire way to spark romance. But if you feel uncomfortable parading around in lingerie, you don’t need to. It will be blatantly clear to your partner that you’re not feeling it. And that’s the fastest way to kill romance!
- It’s important to show that your gestures are genuine. Always choose things that you’re genuinely happy doing. One of the most significant victories comes when your partner realises you’ve done it from the heart.
- Sometimes all it takes is a little quality time. Show your partner that you’ve specially reserved time for just the two of you.
- Create lasting memories. Make plans for an outing that you can reminisce on together years down the road. Being able to recall your romantic gestures helps to keep the spark alive!
- Find ways to relive special moments.
- If you’ve arranged a special occasion, why not get it videotaped? You and your loved one can watch it over and over.
- Make a special event an annual occurrence. If it’s something that allowed the romance to spark, it’s a great idea to do it every year at the same time.
With these creative yet simple tips, you’re guaranteed to have ongoing romance in your relationship.
Just remember that love and genuine desire to make your partner happy are key.
Then it’s smooth sailing the rest of the way!
Want even MORE inspiration and information?!
Plus a £20 voucher to spend in our store?!