Making art, giving form to the images that arise in our mind’s eye, our dreams, and our everyday lives is a form of spiritual practice through which knowledge of ourselves can ripen into wisdom. This book offers encouragement for everyone to explore art making in this spirit of self-discovery plus practical instructions on material, methods, and activities such as ways to:
- Discover a personal myth or story
- Recognize patterns and themes in one’s life
- Identify and release painful memories
- Combine journaling and image making
- Practice the ancient skill of active imagination
- Connect with others through sharing one’s art works
Interwoven with this guidance is the intimate story of the author’s own journey as a student, art therapist, teacher, wife, mother, and artist and, most of all, as a woman who discovered a profound and healing connection with her soul through making art.
This is a second-hand book: paperback version. Cover marked and creased, but otherwise fairly good condition.
Not included in any discounts or memberships.